Jane Winchester is an American designed and produced fine jewelry line of 8 amulets symbolizing abundance of positivity, strength, hope and luck. The design inspiration is the coin jewelry of the early 20th century. Nomads created jewelry from their money and it was meant for more than adornment - it was a decorative method of transporting their wealth. This style of jewelry was dripping in coins decorated with horseshoes, hearts and stars – it is reputed to be very good luck to have, but bad luck to sell - so it must be passed to the next generation.
Each piece is meant to be purchased for yourself or someone that needs a strength touchstone. It is not disposable jewelry - it is unique heirloom quality piece and meant to connect those drawn to the individual symbols and words. The symbols take on an identity when worn with your personality - you have a trademark piece of jewelry that keeps you centered and the world notices.
The name Winchester holds a place in American history. President Jane Winchester Paradis’ great (great x4) grandfather Oliver first opened a shirt factory in the early 1850’s and later owned the Winchester Repeating Arms Company. Here’s a little more on the family history from Town & Country: Check it out.
Jane Winchester Paradis is an east coast nomad. Born in New Hampshire, childhood in Georgia, boarding school in Massachusetts, college in Florida, many years in NYC and now settled outside Philadelphia. Jane has had a robust career in design and fashion marketing, working for brands such as Adrienne Vittadini, Calvin Klein Cosmetics, Barneys New York and Lilly Pulitzer. Jane is happily married to Doug (who built this awesome website :) ) with 5 kids between them. Together they are building Jane Winchester with the following Core Values as the building blocks for the company:
- We make beautiful thingsthat embody strength and positivity. We expect our designs to be passed from generation to generation with love.
- We are not afraid to be ourselves.We are happy, have fun and celebrate a little irreverence.
- We are humble.We embrace individuality. We treat everyone (customers, employees and vendors) with respect. We take the time to do things right.
- We run a modern, visionary business.We create and adapt innovative strategies to build a strong company that delivers a special experience to our consumer. We surpass expectations.
- We share.When the company succeeds, we share in our good fortune.
- Made in America.Jane Winchester works hard to make as much as we can in the United States. It is our goal to support local commerce and create opportunity with our business. See the map below for origins of some of our products.
Questions? Comments? I want to hear everything. Contact me!